Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

What's with the name?

It took me a long time to decide on a name for my blog. I chose "Our Lives in Regressive Progression" because it suits my life and the life of my family. I was told my son Brandon had autism when he was three years old. He is nine now, so the shock has worn off, and we've been working with this for a while. When he makes developmental jumps, there is always a regression in his behavior, among other things. This has been the way since he was three. He regresses, then all of the sudden, he makes a jump, in some way. It can be in behavior, language, comprehension...you get the idea. Basically, he takes one step back, then takes two steps forward....regressive progression.
My life is the same way. It seems that things get to me, and build. It gets to the point that I feel like it can't get any harder, then amazingly, everything is better. The kids are happy, Brandon has made a jump, etc. I think that most people can identify with that term. Everyone goes through regressive progression, in some varying way.
I'm very passionate about raising awareness to autism and attachment parenting. AP parenting has helped me take care of both of my kids the way they needed. I am so happy I have always followed my gut, and will continue to do that and encourage others to do it too.
I have this blog to ramble about various things, be it autism, parenting, or just daily life. Hopefully it will reach someone that can get something out of it.

2 comments:

lb128f said...

I like the name! :-) And, look forward to reading your Blog!

Natalie said...

Thank you! I hope to continue to make sense, LOL!

Post a Comment